Your website launched, you celebrated (or breathed a sigh of relief), and now you're waiting for visitors to discover you. Should you sit back and let the website run on auto-pilot?
It's time to ramp up the post-launch support phase.
Post-launch support is a critical component of any website or content marketing project. It ensures that your website or content continues functioning correctly and provides an optimal user experience for your visitors. While the scope of post-launch support can vary depending on the project, support generally involves ongoing maintenance and updates to keep your website or content up-to-date, secure, and effective.
Your content specialist and website developer both play an essential role in providing post-launch support. In this blog, we'll discuss the role of each and how they work together to provide ongoing support for your website or digital marketing strategy.
The Content Specialist's Role in Post-Launch Website Support
A content specialist is responsible for ensuring that your website or content continues to provide value to your audience after launch. This support includes ongoing content creation and updates, monitoring metrics and analytics to track performance, and adjusting strategies to optimize results.
Some of the specific post-launch support activities a content specialist might perform include:
- Content updates and maintenance. Your website or content marketing project is not a set-it-and-forget-it endeavor. It requires ongoing updates and maintenance to ensure it continues providing value to your audience. A content specialist will regularly review your website or content to identify areas for improvement, update outdated content, and ensure that your messaging remains consistent and on-brand. Clear goals and metrics can inform your marketing strategy.
- SEO optimization. Search engine optimization (SEO) is critical for driving traffic to your website or content. Over time, keyword algorithms change, and so should your content. A content specialist will continually monitor your website or content's SEO performance and adjust strategies to improve rankings and visibility.
- Content creation. Content creation is an ongoing process involving researching, writing, and publishing new content regularly. A content specialist will create fresh content that aligns with your business goals and engages your target audience. Blog posts, social media content, whitepapers, eBooks, and more may make up this content.
Post-Launch Support from the Website Developer
A website developer is responsible for ensuring your website functions correctly after launch. The developer's work includes:
- Monitoring performance.
- Fixing bugs and errors.
- Implementing updates and upgrades to keep your website secure and up to date.
Here are some of the specific post-launch support activities a website developer might perform:
- Website maintenance and updates. A website requires ongoing maintenance and updates to keep it secure and functioning correctly. A developer regularly reviews your website to identify issues and implement necessary updates.
- Technical support. If your website experiences any issues, a developer will provide technical support to diagnose and fix the problem. Their ongoing support involves troubleshooting errors, resolving server issues, and fixing bugs in the code.
- Security updates and upgrades. Security is a top concern for any website owner. A website developer will regularly monitor your website security vulnerabilities and implement updates and upgrades to keep your website secure and protected from cyber threats.
Is this Forever? How Long Your Website Post-Launch Support Lasts
The duration of post-launch support varies depending on the project and the client's needs. Some clients may only require a few weeks of support, while others may require ongoing support for months or even years.
Generally, any follow up includes a specific period after the project's completion, during which the website developer and content specialist will provide ongoing support and maintenance. This period can range from a few weeks to several months, depending on the scope of the project and the client's needs.
After this initial support period ends, clients may choose to continue working with their website developer and content specialist on an ongoing basis to receive ongoing support, updates, and maintenance. Alternatively, they may take over these responsibilities or hire another provider for ongoing support.
Post-launch support is an essential component of any website or content marketing project.
Your content specialist and website developer will work together to provide ongoing support, updates, and maintenance to ensure that your website attracts potential clients, is up-to-date and works seamlessly.